If your organization is tracking both Purchase Orders and Accounts Payable with Nexonia, you can create bills using previously approved purchase orders. This will map over all the common values being tracked on both items.
Note: If you want to create Accounts Payable bills on their own, follow the instructions found in this article: How to Create Accounts Payable Bills.
You can initiate the process in 2 different ways:
- From the Purchases page, click Action next to the approved order, then click Create bill.
- From the Payables page, create a bill via the Add button, choose the vendor. Below the vendor information, a Link to Orders option is available. Click this to choose between all the approved orders for this vendor.
At this point, you should see all the items that were populated in the order with the options to:
- Choose to link items to the bill (using the checkboxes on the left)
- Fill in the actual quantity received
- Confirm the bill price per unit
Once your information has been filled in correctly, click Link at the bottom. At this point, all of the fields that are common between the order and the bill will be populated. You will have to fill in the remaining blank fields and add any attachments you have for the bill.
Tip: You can link multiple purchase orders to one bill.
Below the Vendor information, the order(s) the bill is linked with will appear.
Once the bill has been completed, you can submit it for approval.