Live Training Calendar
Submitting & Approving Expenses
How to login, upload your receipts, create and expense reports for approval, and approve expenses.
Submitting & Approving Time Off and Timesheets
A walkthrough of how to create, submit, and approve Timesheets and Time Off requests.
Reporting Module Overview
An overview on how to create and generate reports.
Configuring Expense Settings for Admins
How to manage your company's data and settings.
Configuring Timesheets & Time Off Settings for Admins
How to manage timesheets and time off settings and policies for your company.
Managing Nexonia with Intacct
An overview of how Nexonia is integrated with Intacct. Learn how to import and export data between Nexonia and Intacct, manage users, expense categories and Intacct dimensions.
Managing Nexonia with QuickBooks
An overview of how Nexonia is integrated with QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. Learn how to import and export data between Nexonia and QuickBooks, manage users, expense categories and QuickBooks dimensions.
Managing Nexonia with NetSuite
An overview of how Nexonia is integrated with NetSuite. Learn how to import and export data between Nexonia and NetSuite, manage users, expense categories and NetSuite segments.
Travel Booking & Analytics
Review how to book travel, run reports, & view unused tickets.
Watch Nexonia's easy-to-follow brief tutorial videos here.
Facilitating an internal training session or workshop for your organization's employees? Here are some Tips and Tricks from our team to yours to get acquainted and settled to guide and train your Nexonia users!
Sometimes, your employees just want to hear from... you! Listening to a familiar voice with familiar terminology and the context of your organization could be an integral step in your employees' success using Nexonia. We recommend a best practice of tasking an individual, or group of people, as becoming your own organization's subject matter experts on Nexonia. This can be in the form of simply acting as resources to assist with questions, or holding some internal training sessions to highlight specific data in your account and use it in relatable scenarios for your employees.
To get started, download our own training script templates for how to Submit and Approve Expenses and how to Submit and Approve Timesheets and Time Off. These are the foundation of how we train all of our Nexonia users. Use them as a guide or outline to support your employees in their Nexonia adoption in any way you need.
Nexonia Implementation Expectations & Timelines Launching Nexonia Expenses: Define Internal T&E Policies Pre-Launch "Welcome to Nexonia" Email Templates Launching Nexonia: Best Practices for Going Live
What to expect during your Nexonia Implementation
- When the Business Requirements Document has been submitted you will have an Implementation Specialist assigned to your account within 2-5 business days.
- The average implementation length is 4-8 weeks from the date of the kickoff call.
- Web meetings with your Implementation Specialist will be scheduled upon the completion of milestones.
- Between meetings, emails will be responded to within 2 business days.
- After each web meeting we will email you with open items to complete.
- If more than two weeks are required to complete your open items your implementation will be paused until they are completed. Your CSM will liaise with you during this time.
What we need from you to do a great job:
- A designated contact from your team who will coordinate and manage the implementation project for your team, and act as the solitary decision-making authority.
- Nexonia will request data from you. Delivery of this data in a timely fashion will move the implementation along faster.
- Please ensure the data you send us is the complete, final version. Nexonia will configure your account based on what is sent.
- Corrections or change requests made after configuration will result in delays and/or additional fees.
- Achieve consensus regarding your team's processes, objectives and requirements in advance of scheduled web meetings.
- Do not begin regular usage of Nexonia until the Implementation is complete.
Nexonia Implementation Milestones
The following milestones and their associated tasks typically occur over a period of 4-8 weeks, with email communication as needed in between.
A web meeting with your Implementation Specialist will be scheduled when a milestone has been completed:
Depending on the question, Nexonia Support and Training will refer users to ask their question internally at your organization. Nexonia is the tool, but you make the rules as far as policies and processes go.
Here are some common questions that we answer with, “It would be best to confirm with your internal administrators.” We’ll provide some Help Center articles on how administrators can resolve these questions:
When Users Can Login
Q: Can you send me my login credentials?
Q: How do I enter personal mileage?
Q: How do I enter the tip amount from a restaurant or taxi?
Q: When do my company credit card transactions get uploaded to Nexonia?
Q: What do I do if I expense over what my company allows - I enter the full amount or only what I’m supposed to be reimbursed? What do I do if I lose my receipt?
Change can be difficult – we know. On top of change, no one wants to be surprised by it. We encourage administrators to create a welcome email to send to new Nexonia users. If you're launching Nexonia for your organization, relay the message that a new (great!) system is coming, and do it early and often. The more you communicate, the less push-back you’ll experience.
We’ve included some announcement templates in the article attachments here to get you started. These templates can be edited by your organization as needed.
When you launch Nexonia with your organization, we recommend these steps as best practice for a smooth transition:
- Make sure notifications are on at both the system and user level.
- Double check role permissions are set correctly for all users, including turning approvals on.
- For Expenses, review credit card integration & ignore irrelevant transactions.
- For web-based integrations, ensure configuration synchronization and exports are running successfully.
- Fill in “Send errors to” fields in integration(s) (ERP and Credit Cards)
- Delete test transactions.
- Send password resets (if necessary) to alert users they have access to Nexonia.
- Welcome new users to Nexonia (optional).
This Customer Launch Kit is designed to provide you with the tools you’ll need to ensure a successful launch of Nexonia with your organization. We wanted to share some best practices from the Nexonia Customer Success Team – Customer Success Managers, Implementation and Product Education Specialists, and Customer Support. We have a lot of experience on our side.
Please use this kit in any way you need. We have included training material, links and directions to other Nexonia resources, and some recommended best practices to help improve user adoption and reduce the number of questions your users may have with your new automated expense & time management tool.
- Best Practices for Company Rollouts
- Pre-Launch Reminders
- Best Practices for Automated Expense & Time Management
- Training Your Nexonia Users
- Launching Nexonia - Go Live Checklist
- Your Nexonia Team - Nexonia Support
This Nexonia_Travel_Launch Kit is designed to provide you with the tools you’ll need to ensure a successful launch of Nexonia Travel within your organization. We wanted to share some best practices from the Nexonia Customer Success Team – Customer Success Managers, Implementation specialists, Trainers, and Customer Support. We have a lot of experience on our side.
Please use this kit in any way you need. We hope this provides support and some guidance to assist with a great launch and successful user adoption for your organization.
Background context of Leisure and Managed Travel Booking Tools
Best Practices for Rollouts
Change Management Tips
Common Questions to Expect
Training & Support Resources
Investing in and implementing Nexonia for your organization, whether as a brand new automation effort, or replacing a previous process, takes a lot of planning and even more decisions to make to get the configuration just right. But - that's only half of the mountain to ensure successful user adoption! It can be very easy to send out the login credentials, let employees know when to start using Nexonia, and go back to your desk believing a job well done. However, for the best chance of long-term success and adoption (and therefore, your return on investment), just as much planning should go into the actual rollout process for your people.
Humans are humans and we are all wired very similarly when faced with adapting to something new, whether a new commute to work, a new diet, a new roommate, or a new software. Our Strategies for Effective Onboarding presentation dives into the details with guidance on how to plan for, communicate with, and support your employee base to manage differing reactions, personalities, and ultimately, ensure all hop on, and stay, onboard with you.